Aside from your job, do you do other things that you think can earn you extra for a living, like maximizing the talent that you have? I do.
Long time ago, I used to be a wedding singer for friend's wedding, relative of a friend's wedding and the like. I also sung in debut of a friend, daughter of a friend, and so on. I did these just for the love of them and not to earn extra and ofcourse because I indeed love to sing.
I am also into Research. I have the longest patience in researching for something may it be over the internet, browsing from piles of books, or going around places to search and research for something. When I was still looking for a full-time job, I did Research works for my ex-boss and I enjoyed it.
But I have something I really want to do---more than a talent and a skill, I think it is a passion. I want to be an Event and Wedding Planner. :) Aside from the fact that I did plan and organize my own wedding, I also assisted some friends with theirs. I enjoy organizing and preparing stuffs and ticking tasks in the to-do list. This is not something I want to do full-time. Though I know it's an arduous thing that would require someone full attention and so much time, I still want to give it a try, and I think I can do it. I can plan and organize an event or a wedding during my spare time. That is also why I didn't mind accompanying Ate Ims and Kuya Omel all the way during their wedding preps. If one enjoys what she's doing, nothing's so hard. Agree?
Some of the weddings I took cameo role in preps are these:
My Bestfriend's Wedding. Ivy and Chris got married in 2008. Everything was prepared in a month so we're kinda like used our super powers rushing to Divisoria to buy necessary stuffs they need.
In 2010, another sister/friend got married. Camille and Mark decided to get married 1.5 months after they told Camille's parents that they want to get married. Whew!
Four years ago, Jomski's grandparents renewed their wedding vows during their Golden Wedding Anniversary!
Looking back, I am more than happy how well all things turned out. I did not take a major role as an organizer nor a coordinator but I did take a small part in preparation like preparing the checklist, suggesting stuffs, going with them for errands, looking for a reliable suppliers, just stuffs like that.
So, what am I coooking now? Well, well, well, in 7 days, I'm playing a role as the ON-THE-DAY COORDINATOR for my childhood friend and godsister, Angie, on her wedding day! Yay!!! :)
Last month, Angie texted me and asked me if I can do that for her and ofcourse without hesitation I said "Yes!" I eagerly prepared their To-Do list, set up a meeting with them, checked their supplier's list, etc. I loved it!!!
Honestly, I'm still weighing things out since then. I'm checking my boundaries as to how far I should go and until where I am allowed to give my say on things because you know, I am NOT a professional planner and I do not to act as if I am one. But there's something that lift up my spirit! The other day, I got an email from Tony, Angie's fiance. It's an email addressed to their supplier where I was CCed, and I'm delighted when I read that Tony submitted my name and contact details as their COORDINATOR. Wieee! :)
Atleast now I know that we all understand my role in here and I am not just assuming it. Hehe! Last week, when I needed to call some of their suppliers, I really don't know how to introduce myself so I just said "I am Angie's friend, and I want to follow up on..." Well, now I can say "I am Angie's wedding coordinator, please email me the following..." Naks! :P
Right now, it doesn't earn me extra bucks and I am not rushing. I enjoy doing these and am willing to do it for free for those I love but I know someday I can do it in a pro way. :)
How about you, what other stuff you can do or you want to do that won't just earn you extra but give you self-fulfillment?
Some of the weddings I took cameo role in preps are these:
My Bestfriend's Wedding. Ivy and Chris got married in 2008. Everything was prepared in a month so we're kinda like used our super powers rushing to Divisoria to buy necessary stuffs they need.
In 2010, another sister/friend got married. Camille and Mark decided to get married 1.5 months after they told Camille's parents that they want to get married. Whew!
Four years ago, Jomski's grandparents renewed their wedding vows during their Golden Wedding Anniversary!
Looking back, I am more than happy how well all things turned out. I did not take a major role as an organizer nor a coordinator but I did take a small part in preparation like preparing the checklist, suggesting stuffs, going with them for errands, looking for a reliable suppliers, just stuffs like that.
So, what am I coooking now? Well, well, well, in 7 days, I'm playing a role as the ON-THE-DAY COORDINATOR for my childhood friend and godsister, Angie, on her wedding day! Yay!!! :)
Last month, Angie texted me and asked me if I can do that for her and ofcourse without hesitation I said "Yes!" I eagerly prepared their To-Do list, set up a meeting with them, checked their supplier's list, etc. I loved it!!!
Honestly, I'm still weighing things out since then. I'm checking my boundaries as to how far I should go and until where I am allowed to give my say on things because you know, I am NOT a professional planner and I do not to act as if I am one. But there's something that lift up my spirit! The other day, I got an email from Tony, Angie's fiance. It's an email addressed to their supplier where I was CCed, and I'm delighted when I read that Tony submitted my name and contact details as their COORDINATOR. Wieee! :)
Atleast now I know that we all understand my role in here and I am not just assuming it. Hehe! Last week, when I needed to call some of their suppliers, I really don't know how to introduce myself so I just said "I am Angie's friend, and I want to follow up on..." Well, now I can say "I am Angie's wedding coordinator, please email me the following..." Naks! :P
Right now, it doesn't earn me extra bucks and I am not rushing. I enjoy doing these and am willing to do it for free for those I love but I know someday I can do it in a pro way. :)
How about you, what other stuff you can do or you want to do that won't just earn you extra but give you self-fulfillment?







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading this post. I'll be glad to hear from you. Feel free to leave your say. :) God bless!