I ain't a techy techy heart

I am not into gadgets. Those who know me well, know for sure that I don't fancy the latest gadget in town. I don't save money to own an iphone or a BB and join the BB community and ask for everyone for their BB pin. I am one practical dudette. My first phone was an Alcatel-I-don't-know-the-model-I'm-sorry. I used this Alcatel phone when I was in fourth year highschool til my Freshies in college c1999-2001. This phone is I think inspired by the shape of a Safeguard soap with a distinct message alert tone. =P When most of my classmates are playing SNAKES with their 3210, well I am texting using my Alcatel phone in orange backlight, yes orange, which make it Safeguard Papaya. ;P

Right now, I own two OLD phones--- my 3-year-old Samsung M3510 Beat that holds my company-issued Globe line, and my recently-acquired but old Blackberry 8820 which houses my personal SUN mobile number. Both are old but very reliable and useful.

The last time I bought a phone (to replace my not anymore functioning Hello Kitty China phone which I used when we stayed in Singapore for quite a while. I bought it because it basically holds 2 SIM cards, ideal for holding both my roaming and local SIM cards) was three years ago hence the age of my Samsung Beat. Back then, I did not have any idea of what specific mobile phone to buy but I had set my guideline:
1. Either a Nokia or a Samsung will do
2. It has to have an FM radio and MP3 player
3. It needs to have an external memory
4. It must be a camera phone---2MP will do. Let the digicam do the rest
5. Bluetooth is a good feature
6. Graphics should be nice

So there. Simple guideline and basically attainable. Jomski and I searched and searched for my mobile phone soulmate. Almost all phones has the requirements I was looking for. Then I found this slim Samsung phone in white and violet case and see what it can offer---check, check, check, check, check, check, it basically has all I wanted so I instantly went for it. Haha! Ganon lang kadali ang pagdecide ko. Until now, my Samsung Beat is still alive and kicking. This captured most of the pictures I used in my blogpost. Physical appearance? Well, my Beat is not as beautiful as it was three years ago but it's fine, I still love her. :)


My Blackberry 8820, on the other hand is a separation gift from my bestfriend, Ivy. She used this for the longest time I think, and when she left for Kuwait with my godson, she handed me this precious phone. :) It's an old Blackberry phone model but has all the stuffs I need, less the camera but plus the wifi. :)


Now, the only problem I have with my two phones is their batt! My Samsung Beat batt is only good for a day or less (unlike before, maybe because she's too old) while my BB shuts off its signal when has low battery. :( I know I can easily replace phone batteries but Jomski said I must replace them. According to him, they are both becoming unreliable already and had serviced me so well that's it's no pain at all if I put them to rest. Aw! No, I love them and I don't think I can let them go just like that. *sniff* Te-arts! So anyway, maybe Jomski is buying me a new phone no? Baka lang naman so I am posting this so if in case he is buying me one nga, he'll know what to buy. Haha! Asa?

Anyway, this is the first time I am fancying a mobile phone. Don't expect that it's the latest BB or an iPhone 5 okay? Jologs lang ako, di kami compatible ni iPhone. Sobrang hirap ako sa touchscreen. Everytime Jomski asked me to text using his phone, lagi akong nakikipagtunggalian sa touch screen na yan at mangiyak-ngiyak kong sasabihin sa kanyang, "Pwede bang tawagan ko nalang?" Haha!

What I want is this fashionable ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 810D.


Despite its girly-girly look, the Alcatel Glam 810D is very functional. It's small but incredible. ;) It has a QWERTY keypad which I actually find super easy to use (I type faster using my BB than my Beat because of the QWERTY keypad). It has both an internal and external memory, an FM radio and MP3, a 2MP camera. It is a Dual SIM phone and has a social network integration. PWEDE di ba? And best of all, it costs Php3,999 only, may sukli pa ang 4K mo. Nice! :P So there. Yes, I really really want that. I even printed out a picture of it with its full specs (nilalagay ko under my pillow para mapanaginipan ko. Haha!) to remind me that I am to own one soon. :) Let's see if I will. Baka ma-phased out na hindi pa ko nakakabili. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post. I'll be glad to hear from you. Feel free to leave your say. :) God bless!