When I came to the office today, I found this on my desk. 

YES, It's a rosary. Not an ordinary rosary but one that's blessed by the Pope himself.


YES, It's a rosary. Not an ordinary rosary but one that's blessed by the Pope himself. I asked my officemate where did it come from and when she said it was from one of the big bosses, all I said was "Wow! Sweet." What a great way to start the day! :)
Being an Executive Assistant (for the longest time) to the different big bosses of different companies, I have learned so many things about different personalities of the big bosses. In this job, you'll learn to "feel" people, to study them, to understand each and every move they make, to be sensitive-extra sensitive, and most of all you'll be disciplined, careful, and OC in everything you do. Little by little, you'll be able to build extra self-confidence and you'll be "braver." Why? Everyday ka ba namang makipag-usap sa mga big boss, malamang magiging malakas ang loob mo. Hehe! You have to be used to their presence, to their voice, to their intonations, and ofcourse their moods. And eventually, you'll be more relaxed and confident that you can deliver and attend to their needs. It is very important to have a calm mind especially when they are around so you'll stay in focus. There's no room for taranta mode when you're working for them. The more taranta, the more palpak, so kailangan may relaks factor. :)
One important lesson I learned about being an EA is that you have to learn to love your boss. In that way, you can sincerely give your best shot in every task they give you. Remember, in this job, most of the time if not all the time, you see the most sacred files, archives, whatever secret-est thing the company or the bosses is securing. You know their whereabouts--- their routine, the people whom they talked with, their lunchtime and the food they eat, you know even when and what time they go to the rest room- and so it is important that you indeed love them and your job to have the respect, the intergrity, and allegiance at all times. :) Believe me, if you can't learn to love the Executive you are assisting, better vamoose that office. It's not simply a job, it's your life for 9 hours or more of your everyday.
Speaking of which, the 9 hours (or more) of my everyday for almost 5 years with different BIG bosses is indeed a life I learned to live because I've got the BEST BOSSES in town! The most demanding but understanding, strict but patient, sometimes forgetful on their appointments but very thoughtful when they're back from a long vacation. And most of all, the ones whom I've learned so much in life (including the difference between the rich and the poor, hehe!).
At syempre naman, after all those kaba, may saya naman. Drool over my favorite stuffs and prized possessions (for some sentimental reasons) from the BIG BOSSES I had. Syempre hindi ko na sasabihin who gave which di ba? Hehe!
TO BE CONTINUED... (Need to gather photos pa pala. Hehe!)
TO BE CONTINUED... (Need to gather photos pa pala. Hehe!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading this post. I'll be glad to hear from you. Feel free to leave your say. :) God bless!